Planning a group trip or family reunion to Gulf Shores, Alabama is a breeze with our guide! Whether you are planning a getaway for your family reunion, church group, homeschool group, or extended group of friends, we've got all the details on activities, tours, dining and more. We offer a great selection of Gulf Shores vacation homes built specifically for medium to large groups, and we offer recommendations on all the essential services like grocery delivery and beach rentals. Get all the details below, and please contact us if you have any questions.
Gulf Shores Group Trip & Family Reunion Guide
#1 - Pick a Date for Your Gulf Shores Group Trip or Family Reunion
The first step in planning a successful Gulf Shores group trip or family reunion is picking a date. Oftentimes, this is the hardest part - especially when you've got a huge group. We recommend using a free online survey tool, like Google Forms or Survey Monkey to figure out which dates are best for everyone.
Offer a variety of dates and let your guests select which dates would and would not work for them. You can also ask questions like "How many people are in your party?", "What food allergies do you have?", and "Does anyone in your group need special accommodations?". Everyone in your group will be pleased with these thoughtful, inclusive questions.
#2 - Reserve a Gulf Shores Vacation Home Built for Large Groups
Once you've got dates nailed down, and you know which accommodations your group needs - like in-home elevators - you'll be ready to find the perfect beach house. We offer a great selection of Gulf Shores vacation homes that were built specifically for large groups and family reunions. Having everyone under one roof is a great way for your family, church group, or homeschool group to spend quality time together. You can browse all of our rentals and sort by beds and amenities, or you can go straight to our selection of vacation homes that accommodate large groups.
#3 - Plan Some Fun Activities for Your Large Group or Family Reunion
Once the date is set and the Gulf Shores beach house is booked, you might be wondering how you'll keep such a large and diverse group entertained. Luckily, the Gulf Shores area offers a great selection of diverse activity options that are perfect for large groups.
Some of our favorite local activities for large groups inlcude:
- Snorkeling - Explore ancient shipwrecks and colorful marine life while snorkeling in the Gulf Shores area. This activity is perfect for groups who want to experience something magical together, and there are even private tours available if your group wants privacy.
- Alabama Gulf Coast Zoo - Our local zoo offers over 500 animals, a petting zoo for the kiddies and live shows. Your group can all participate in this fun activity together, and there will be plenty of room for people to break away from the group and enjoy some solo exploring.
- The Wharf - With a little something for everyone, The Wharf is a one-stop adventure zone. Kids will love the ferris wheel, mini golf and zip line course here. Teens can go shopping and catch live entertainment at the amphitheater, and adults can choose from a great selection of dining options and enjoy some cocktails.
- Fishing - Book a private charter or just head down to the pier. Fishing is a great way to create new experiences together and bond over casual conversation.
- OWA Amusement Park - Rides, games, snacks and more! The OWA Amusement Park is perfect for all ages, especially if you need a fun way to wear out some little ones. There are restaurants inside the park, so you can spend a whole day there.
#4 - Make Dining Plans for Your Large Groups in Gulf Shores
- In-Home Dining - Our vacation homes all have kitchens and plenty of seating. Dining at home is an excellent option for an intimate experience and you can use a service like Orange Beach Concierge to stock the fridge at your vacation home so you don't have to worry about doing the shopping and waiting in line.
- Chef's Table - Chef's Table by Orange Beach Concierge Service can accommodate up to 28 people in a private dining experience. You can reserve seats or the whole place. You can also order gourmet food-to-go if you want to dine back at your vacation rental.
- LuLu's Gulf Shores - LuLu's is a restaurant extravaganza! This beachfront restaurant offers live music, an arcade, a huge playground, and can accommodate your large group. They have a special kids menu and allergen-friendly menus for those with dairy / egg / gluten / soy and shellfish free-diets.